Perfect for a high protein sunday. VEGAN CHILI with BROWN RICE.
What you need (3 serves)
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 medium red onion, chopped
* 1 large red bell pepper, chopped * 300 g extra firm tofu, cut in cubes * 2 medium carrots, chopped
* 2 ribs celery, chopped
* ½ teaspoon salt, divided
* 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
* 2 tablespoons chili powder
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 large can (28 ounces) or 2 small cans (15 ounces each) diced tomatoes*, with their juices
* 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
1. Warm the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir to combine and then cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano. Cook until fragrant while stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
3. Add the diced tomatoes and their juices, firm tofu cubes, the drained black beans and 4 mix beans, add bay leaf if you have. Stir to combine and let the mixture come to a simmer. Continue cooking for 30 min.
4. While the chili is cooking, prepare the rice.
5. Serve in a bowl and enjoy. *A perfect addition to any meal. NUTRITIONAL YEAST - is one source of complete protein and vitamins, in particular B-complex vitamins. It contains folates, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, selenium and zinc, making it a great superfood.