Happenings of the last week or so:
- We parked Bertha in our friend's back yard and successfully disassembled her entire front axle to begin refurbishing and replacing the moving parts. We anticipate Bertha being here until December.
- I learned how to use a sewing machine and completely redecorated Bertha's insides.
- I tried acupuncture and cupping for the first time and really really loved it.
- Keith cut all of his hair off.
- I cut some of my hair off.
- I took a lot of naps and read a lot of books and listened to a lot of Neil Young whilst sitting in my dear friend's bathtub.
I did all of this 3 by 5...a saying Keith and I use when we do something without a phone or a camera blocking our view...just a straight shot from our eyeballs to the world in front of us.
I needed a minute.
I wrote my last post with the intentions of being honest and vulnerable...but those intentions were twisted beyond recognition.
I didn't have the energy to defend a feeling I tried so hard to put into words. I didn't have the energy to carry the weight of other people's offense on top of the pile of things I'd been carrying for weeks.
It was too heavy. So I just let it fall.
You know Keith likes to joke that I've become an actual piece of this van...tethered to her with my own rusted bolts and intricate wiring just like any other working part. When she's broken down, I am too.
But you know the thing about wheels and axles and vans and people?
We're all fixable 😉
You are not brave because of all you’ve been through.
You were born brave.
You came into the world with a growl, not a whimper.
And your fists flew wildly, clenched tight until your tongue shaped words,
and then those flew wildly too.
You are not brave because you’ve endured.
Not because of your scars or the things you’ve worked hard to unremember and tuck deep deep down where no one will find them,
Maybe not even you.
You are brave because
You trust and love and hope
You chase your dreams around dark corners, into deep chasms
Even when the world shouts behind you -
Stay quiet. Stay low.
You don’t deserve it!
You’re not enough!
You are not brave because of how you’re feeling,
You are brave because of who you are.
Take time to get away,
To be with yourself,
To be a couple, to be a family,
To ponder, to play,
To daydream, to learn,
Just to be,
To be there when the sun rises, and sets,
To be free,
To be in awe,
To feel small,
To be content with the simple things,
To be in wonder.
📸 : @summerofseventyfive
+ 💛 @Vanlife.Magazine
Moonchi was loudly protesting driving in the heat + 20 mph winds so I pulled over. I guess we're not making it to Austin today. That's ok. I didn't like driving in the wind either and we're free to do as we please! 🌬