'Have you really felt any change?' I have been asked this question quite a few times since vipassana. I can't say for all, but those ten days of meditation were good for me. So I thought why not write it down here. There may not be transformative changes but there definitely were some revelations and realization and I am making small changes towards them.
1. 'Happiness by substraction' I read this term somewhere and how true is that. I feel I always knew this in some unconscious way but it dawned on me in those ten days. Things don't bring happiness instead they clutter, first physical space then mental and eventually causing stress and anxiety. I am trying to purge things and feelings that I have been harvesting; unpleasant unessaccery. In an ideal world, I would want to own nothing.
2. Making time for meditation everyday. It makes me feel connected to my mind body and in some peculiar way to the universe. I feel better.
3. Being at peace with impermanence of everything. Trying to be objective, managing the impulses and remaining calm in the sea of frustrations as well excitements has been most challenging. I am nowhere close but I know this is where peace is.
4. Prespective about food. Ohh I can write an entire post about food. It makes you so humble to know that you are eating because someone out there was so generous to donate. The food was simple but so good. It had carbs, fats, sugar, gluten, dairy basically every fad diet's nightmare yet I had never felt so good and light. It made me grateful and very happy.
5. The experience made me believe in goodness of people. There is no fees charged for anything. Anybody, without any conditions, can join the program. The entire program runs by donations and volunteers and it runs efficiently. The basic minimal arrangements and yet such rich experience, it made me think a lot about what life should be about. Less ego more humility.
This is my extract, it will definitely be different for everyone.
May we all find peace, means may be any. May all be happy! .